Can I import and export goods and service

Yes, if you enter into a business deal, contract, sales agreement or the like regarding the import or export of goods or services, you can still receive these or travel outside of Denmark to deliver these. 

You should be aware that other countries may have entry requirements which go beyond the requirements of the Danish authorities.


Just like before the restrictions were imposed, you can either retrieve the product yourself or have it delivered. 

Required documentation

If you choose to have goods or services delivered to Denmark, the person delivering these must be able to provide documentation of your agreement in order to enter Denmark. These types of documentation can be requested at the Danish border: 

  • Documentation of the business agreement in the form of an invoice, receipt, sales agreement or similar; or
  • a contract of employment which states that the person’s place of employment is in Denmark; or documentation for social security (A1 form) which is issued by the authorities in the country of the employer/self-employed in relation to work in another EU/EEA country; or
  • receipt of registration in RUT (Register of Foreign Service Providers). The receipt must be forwarded from employer to employee.


You should also be aware that if your business is selling goods or services to a private person who cannot be regarded as a business and who is residing outside of Denmark, that person may be prohibited from retrieving the product or service. It will depend on the specific case whether the private person’s purchase will be regarded as a worthy purpose at the Danish border. 

Required documentation

If you export goods or services outside of Denmark, the required documentation will depend on your destination and its specific entry requirements. It is recommended that you can provide the same kind of documentation, as if you were to enter Denmark with the same purpose.