Event on the launch of the D-Seal
A prospective code of conduct for trustworthy AI D-Seal – a labelling program for IT security and responsible use of data in the EU
It is our pleasure to invite you to the launch of the Danish D-Seal for Cybersecurity and Responsible use of Data and to discuss the perspectives of such an initiative at the European level – especially in the context of the AI Act with the introduction of voluntary code of conducts for trustworthy AI.
In the quest of setting global standards to ensure trustworthy AI, following a risk-based approach as presented in the AI Act, the whole toolbox must be taken into use. For AI applications of minimal to no risk, voluntary measures such as a labeling scheme could make it visible for citizens, public administrations, and businesses which applications are based on secure, responsible, and ethical use of AI, thereby creating a market push for trustworthy AI.
At the same time, questions remain on how to establish such a scheme. Which criteria should be applied? How do we make sure that companies get on board and that consumers find this relevant?
To serve as inspiration, the Danish Government - along with a consortium consisting of key business associations and the Danish Consumer Council - decided to make a push for a seal for cybersecurity and responsible use of data including requirements on AI. The first companies were awarded the seal in the autumn of 2021.
This event aims at launching the D-Seal and presenting the experiences, followed by a discussion with co-legislators, industry and consumer representatives on the perspectives and relevance of such an initiative at the EU-level.
Time and place
- Date: Thursday 12th of May 2022 from 15h to 17h
- Deadline for registration: Monday 9th of May. The event is open to all interested, but due to a limited number of seats, registration will be on a first-come-first basis.
- Place: The Danish Permanent Representation to the EU, Rue d’Arlon 73, 1040 Bruxelles, Belgium
- Sign up by sending an email to [email protected]
15.00: Welcome by Ambassador Per Fabricius Andersen
15.10: Presentation of the D-Seal by CEO Mikael Jensen
15.30: Key-Note by Rasmus Blok, CEO at D-Sealed company UNIwise: Experiences with and demand for the D-Seal
15.45: Panel discussion on promoting the use of ethical, trustworthy and safe AI systems with low to minimal risks – moderated moderated by Torsten Andersen, Deputy-Director of the Danish Business Authority
- Michäel Reffay, Chairman of WP Tele from the French Presidency
- Dragos Tudorache, Member of the European Parliament and rapporteur on the AI Act
- Yordanka Ivanova, Policy Officer, DG Connect
- Ursula Pachl, Deputy Director General, BEUC
- Christian Borggren, Director General, CCIA
16.45: Concluding remarks by Torsten Andersen
Networking and drinks