Professional operator of pesticides (Fertiliser Sample Expert)

You must have a spraying certificate if you conduct pest management:

  • for others as a business
  • independently or as a sub-contractor conduct pest management as an employee in an enterprise.

You can obtain a spraying certificate by participating in training. If you do have equivalent qualifications from other countries within the EU, the EEA or countries the the EU has entered into special agreements with, you are exempted from the training requirements in Denmark, if the Danish Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recognizes the commercial qualifications. 1st of July 2020, you will also need an authorization to be registered in an electronic database, named MAB.

How to apply?

An application for a permit/authorization must be submitted to the Danish EPA.

There is no standardized application form, but the requirements for the contents of the application are described in Chapter 7 in the Statutory Order. The application must include:

  • Evidence of the applicant’s nationality
  • Copies of course or training certificates
  • Documentation of relevant commercial experience concerning the use of plant protection products.

The complete application can be submitted to the Environmental Protection Agency electronically.

The Environmental Protection Agency electronic mail box:

Or by post:

Danish Environmental Protection Agency
Tolderlundsvej 5,
DK – 5000 Odense C

Temporary or occasional pursuit

The same requirements apply normally for both temporary and permanent service providers.

Establishing a business

The same requirements apply normally for both temporary and permanent service providers.

Requirements for non EU citizens and businesses

A non EU-citizen must pass a Danish spraying certificate course.


The registration itself is free of charge but a fee of DKK 184 is payable for the following registration in the Danish database (MAB) for users of plant protection products. The following payment cards may be used: Dankort, VisaDankort, Visa, MasterCard.

When can I expect an answer?

The decision on whether or not to issue a permit/recognition will be made as soon as possible after all necessary documents have been received. Normally you can expect to get an answer from Danish Environmental Protection Agency within four to eight weeks.

In case of rejection

If the Danish Environmental Protection Agency decides to reject your application for recognition of your already achieved qualifications, you will receive a reasoned notification. If you disagree with the decision to refuse your application, you have the right to take legal action. A court case must be raised within six months of a rejection. An appeal to a superior administrative body against this decision is not permitted.  

Who to contact for questions?

If you have questions regarding your application or questions regarding the requirements please contact:

Danish Environmental Protection Agency
Tolderlundsvej 5,
DK – 5000 Odense C
Tel.: 72 54 40 00

Public registers and databases

There are no obvious contacts. You can try the local crop consultants or local farmers and horticultures for help.

Legal basis in Danish law

The Chemicals Act, cf. Consolidated Act No. 115 of 26 January 2017.

Statutory Order No. 1411 of 4. December 2017 on training and authorization of professionals in regards to sale, handover and professional use of pesticides and gas.

Legal basis in EU directive(s) on the mutual recognition of professional qualifications

2005/36/EC, Title III, Chapter I (General system for the recognition of evidence of training)