Work with asbestos (education in demolition of asbestos)
When working with asbestos on offshore installations in Denmark you need recognition from the Danish Working Environment Authority.
How to apply?
You can apply on the Danish Working Environment Authority’s website for recognition, https://blanket.virk.dk/blanketservice/orbeon/fr/public/AnerkendelsesBlanket/new
If you are citizen from another EU and EEA country you can also apply on business Denmark’s website, https://danishbusinessauthority.dk/permits-licenses-authorisations
- Proof of nationality, for example, a copy of identity card or passport
- Attestation of professional competence or of the evidence of formal qualifications giving you access to the profession (if the profession is regulated in your country)
- Certificates, diplomas etc. relevant to your profession
- Information on the total duration of the studies and the subjects studied, specifying the time allocated to each subject (e.g. hours, weeks or ECTS points), and where appropriate the balance between the theoretical part and the practical part
- Information on continuous professional development, seminars and all forms of training attended in addition to the initial training (if any)
- Proof of your professional experience, e.g. pay slips or attestations from employers identifying the professional activity and its duration (if any)
- Proof that you have practiced the profession for at least one years in the last ten in your Member State of establishment, if your profession is not regulated in that country (for example, pay slips or attestations from previous employers identifying the professional activity and its duration), if relevant
- Information provided by your home member state on an “equal treatment of qualifications” under Article 12 of Directive 2005/36/EF as set out in the standard form (Annex A to the Code of Conduct), if relevant
- Any further documentation/further information that you think may influence the assessment of your professional and educational qualifications, or other relevant information that you wish to submit, e.g. Curriculum Vitae)
- Your contact information: first name and family name, address, phone and e-mail, if any. If somebody else is sending the documents, e.g. a company sending documents on your behalf: The sender's name, address, phone and e-mail, if any.
Temporary or occasional pursuit
You are not required to inform the competent Danish authority before you move to Denmark to provide services on a temporary and occasional basis.
Requirements for non EU citizens and businesses
Other requirements for non EU-citizens and businesses apply. Please contact the Danish Working Environment Authority, Offshore & Natural Gas, or visit https://arbejdstilsynet.dk/da/ for further information.
No fee required.
When can I expect an answer?
The decision on whether or not to issue recognition will be made as soon as possible and no later than three months after the fully documented application has been handed in to the Danish Working Environment Authority. In case of difficulties the time limit can be extended with one month.
In case of rejection
An appeal should be submitted in writing to The Energy Board of Appeal no later than 4 weeks from the time when the decision is communicated to the applicant.
Who to contact for questions?
If you have questions regarding your application or questions regarding the requirements please contact
The Danish Working Environment Authority (WEA)
DK - 2100 Copenhagen Ø
Public registers and databases
No public registers or databases apply.
Legal basis in Danish law
Order no. 1404 of 4. December 2017 on Management of fuse and security etc. related to profession etc. offshore, oil and gas etc. § 34.
Order no. 1406 of 4. December 2017 on Recognition of professional qualifications acquired abroad concerning pursuit of profession etc. offshore, oil and gas activities etc.
Legal basis in EU directive(s) on the mutual recognition of professional qualifications
2005/36/EF, title III, chapter I (General system for the recognition of evidence of training)