Work with epoxy and isocyanates

If you wish to work permanently in Denmark with epoxy and isocyanates, you must have a recognition issued by the Danish Working Environment Authority.

If you wish to work temporarily in Denmark with epoxy and isocyanates, you do not have to apply for recognition. It is the employer’s responsibility to ensure that the employee has the necessary experience and training.

How to apply?

If you want to establish yourself or work on a permanent basis in Denmark you need to apply to the competent authority for recognition.
Application for the recognition to work with epoxy and isocyanates is made by filling out the form via

Documentation requirements:
1) Proof of nationality, for example, a copy of your identity card or passport.
2) Attestation of professional competence or of the evidence of formal qualifications giving you access to the profession (if the profession is regulated in your country).
3) Certificates, diplomas etc. relevant to your profession.
4) Proof that you have practised the profession for at least two years in the last ten in your Member State of establishment, if your profession is not regulated in that country (for example, pay slips or attestations from previous employers identifying the professional activity and its duration), if relevant.

You have to enclose certified translations of the essential documents (professional qualification, certificate of acquired rights, certificates of professional experience etc.).

Standard documents such as identity cards, passports, etc., do not need to be translated. Documents issued in English, Norwegian or Swedish do not need to be translated. Documents issued in other languages must be translated into Danish or English. Some authorities also accept documents in German and French, and you should contact the competent authority if this is relevant to you. You may freely decide in which country inside the EU or EEA to get certified translations of the essential documents.

Temporary or occasional pursuit

You only need to apply for the recognition of your professional qualifications to work with epoxy and icocyanates if you intend to work permanently in Denmark.

Requirements for non EU citizens and businesses

Other requirements for non EU-citizens and businesses apply. Please contact the Danish Working Environment Authority, or visit the following website ( for further information.


No fee required.

When can I expect an answer?

The decision on whether or not to issue a recognition will be made as soon as possible after all necessary documents have been received. Normally you can expect to get an answer from The Danish Working Environment Authority within one month.

In case of rejection

If The Danish Working Environment Authority decides to reject your application for recognition, you will receive a reasoned notification. If you disagree with the decision to refuse your application, you have the right to appeal. The deadline for submitting an appeal is four weeks from the date on which the decision was announced.
The appeal should be submitted in writing by e-mail to the Danish Working Environment Authority at

Who to contact for questions?

If you have questions regarding your application or questions regarding the requirements please contact:

Danish Working Environment Authority
Att.: SBT
Landskronagade 33
DK - 2100 Copenhagen Ø
Tel.: + 45 70 12 12 88

Legal basis in Danish law

Executive Order No. 292 of 26 April 2001 on Work with Substances and Materials (chemical agents), as subsequently amended, § 3 and cf. 3.

Legal basis in EU directive(s) on the mutual recognition of professional qualifications

2005/36/EC, Title III, Chapter I (General system for the recognition of evidence of training)