Work with epoxy and isocyanates on installations, etc. (Epoxy-education)

When working with epoxy and isocyanates on offshore installations you need a recognition from the Danish Working Environment Authority.

How to apply?

If you wish to establish yourself or work on a permanent basis in Denmark you need to apply to the Danish Working Environment Authority for recognition.
There is no official application form. Instead, write an e-mail stating your profession and explaining that you wish to work on a permanent basis.

You should enclose the documents mentioned below;

  • Proof of nationality, for example, a copy of identity card or passport
  • Attestation of professional competence or of the evidence of formal qualifications giving you access to the profession (if the profession is regulated in your country)
  • Certificates, diplomas etc. relevant to your profession
  • Information on the total duration of the studies and the subjects studied, specifying the time allocated to each subject (e.g. hours, weeks or ECTS points), and where appropriate the balance between the theoretical part and the practical part
  • Information on continuous professional development, seminars and all forms of training attended in addition to the initial training (if any)
  • Proof of your professional experience, e.g. pay slips or attestations from employers identifying the professional activity and its duration (if any)
  • Proof that you have practiced the profession for at least two years in the last ten in your Member State of establishment, if your profession is not regulated in that country (for example, pay slips or attestations from previous employers identifying the professional activity and its duration), if relevant Information provided by your home member state on an “equal treatment of qualifications” under Article 12 of Directive 2005/36/EC as set out in the standard form (Annex A to the Code of Conduct), if relevant
  • Any further documentation/further information that you think may influence the assessment of your professional and educational qualifications, or other relevant information that you wish to submit, e.g. Curriculum Vitae)
  • Your contact information: first name and family name, address, phone and e-mail, if any. If somebody else is sending the documents, e.g. a company sending documents on your behalf: The sender's name, address, phone and e-mail, if any.

You have to enclose certified translations of these essential documents (professional qualification, certificate of acquired rights, certificates of professional experience etc.). However, uncertified translations are accepted if you are a doctor, dentist, nurse, midwife, veterinarian or pharmacist from an EU/EEA country.

Standard documents such as identity cards, passports, etc., do not need to be translated. Documents issued in English, Norwegian or Swedish do not need to be translated. Documents issued in other languages must be translated into Danish or English. Some authorities also accept documents in German and French, and you should contact the competent authority if this is relevant to you. You may freely decide in which country inside the EU or EEA to get certified translations of the essential documents.

The photocopies need to be certified. "Certified photocopies" means that an authority has stamped and signed each copy page as confirmation that the copies are consistent with the documents submitted as original documents. This confirmation can be made by a Danish authority (e.g. local municipality, job centre, etc.) or by the institution / authority that issued the document, or by the embassy / consulate in Denmark of the country where the document is issued, or by a Danish embassy or a Danish consulate. Individuals can not verify copies. If you cannot send a certified copy, the competent authority can control the content and authenticity of the diploma, certificate and / or personal data.

Temporary or occasional pursuit

You are not required to inform the competent Danish authority before you move to Denmark to provide services on a temporary and occasional basis.

Requirements for non EU citizens and businesses

Other requirements for non EU-citizens and businesses apply. Please contact the Danish Working Environment Authority, Offshore & Natural Gas, or visit the website for further information.


No fee required.

When can I expect an answer?

The decision on whether or not to issue a recognition will be made as soon as possible and no later than three months after the fully documented application has been handed in to the Danish Working Environment Authority. In case of difficulties the time limit can be extended with 1 month.

In case of rejection

An appeal should be submitted in writing to The Energy Board of Appeal no later than 4 weeks from the time when the decision is communicated to the applicant.

Who to contact for questions?

The Danish Working Environment Authority (WEA)
PO Box 1228
DK – 0900 Copenhagen C
Telephone (+45) 70 12 12 88

Legal basis in Danish law

The Offshore Safety Act no. 831 of July 1st 2015
Executive Order No 1202 of October 23rd 2015 on the Use of Substances and Materials relating to offshore oil and gas operations, etc., section 33.

Legal basis in EU directive(s) on the mutual recognition of professional qualifications

2005/36/EC, Title III, Chapter I